DOT Secretary Ma. Esperanza Christina Garcia-Frasco graced the opening program where she underscored the contribution of the tourism industry in the economy of the country. She also expressed her optimism for an increase in visitor arrivals as the country relaxes the entry protocols, especially for foreign tourists.
Other officials who graced the opening ceremony were DOT Undersecretaries Shahlimar Hofer Tamano and Verna Buensuceso, former Defense Secretary and BCDA Chairman Delfin Lorenzana, and DOT Regional Directors from Region 1, 2, 3, 4B, 6, CAR, 8, CARAGA and 12.
Meanwhile, the Pagay Festival Balitok Ti Alicia Dance Troupe of the Municipality of Alicia, showcased their winning performance during the famous Bambanti Festival of the Province of Isabela.
The 1st NLTF is being staged in collaboration with the North Luzon Regions and the Alliance of Travel and Tour Agencies of Pampanga (ATTAP). The event adopts the theme Weaving Our Way to Recovery featuring the Hibla ng Lahi: The Weaves of the Northern Luzon.
The three-day travel fair aims to draw travel towards the North of the Philippine Islands by conducting the following events:
1. Business to Consumer (B2C) where tour operators will offer discounted tours, air tickets and other trade and tourism-related services;
2. Business to Business (B2B) session with invited tourism industry players;
3. Stage presentations, product updates and corporate shows;
4. Hibla ng Lahi fashion show featuring regal and indigenous fabrics, weaves and crafts aimed at empowering local suppliers and promoting the weaving culture;
5. Booth shows and inter-active displays;
6. Buyers Familiarization tours to identified NL destination
Secretary Frasco, in her speech, encouraged travel from the southern regions of the country to visit the North Luzon Regions in support of domestic tourism, in order to revive the tourism economy of the country.#NLTF2022
Source: Department of Tourism, Region 2
November 18, 2022