• More than twenty years professional experience in retail sales and bakery café management
• Strong retail management background
• Proven success in developing clientele and repeat business bases
• Ability to conceptualize and organize meetings, conference and special events
• Strong purchasing and negotiating skills, cost effective inventory management,
• human resources training and motivating , personnel training for roll outs, corporate culture.
• Computer literate
• Strong writing, editing and publishing skill for media release
• BASSET certified, Illinois certified food service sanitation manager.
September 2017 – Present
Line and Prep Cook, Addolorata Villa, Compass/Unidine
Prepared and plated salads and desserts for Healthcare , Memory Care,Assisted Living and Independent Living residents.
August 2015- September 2017
• Prep and Line Cook, Fountains of Crystal Lake, a Watermark Community
Prepare and cook meals for 200 + residents , independent living, assisted living and memory care.
• Embraced and rolled out the Grind Dining program for the memory care unit. Assist in buffet service cold and hot stations, man the grill for short orders during meal service. In charge of production scheduling for staff on a daily basis.
April 2007-December 2014
Mrs.A Cupcakes@the Pickwick 6 S. Northwest Highway Park Ridge IL 60068
• Moved and developed a new shabby chic concept for Mrs. A Cupcakes concentrating on Cupcakes and special hand decorated cookies. In the process of developing wedding cake and cupcake line for wholesale accounts.
• Mrs. A Cupcakes & Cookies 4999 Old Orchard Westfield Skokie IL60077
Created a cupcake and cookie concept at Northbrook Court and transferred operations to the Westfield Old Orchard Mall in 2008. Created menus, formats and sales plan for a small mom and pop operation using existing equipment and lay out of a Mrs. Field’s store.
October 2004- June2007
Cafe Manager, Café Nordstrom Old Orchard, Skokie IL
• Improved sales and P&L’s for Nordstrom Classic Café restaurant unit consistently.
• Reduced food costs to 29.8 % in a restaurant unit that ran 34 %.
Improved labor dollar expenses by effective scheduling and management coverage.
• Developed existing staff to Nordstrom Restaurant standards for steps of service and reduced customer complaints. Trained staff using company directed goals for the café.
• Helped develop menus with the chef to drive sales.
Consistently achieved highest flow through for period income improvement.
2002- October 2004
Panera Bread Company
• All management functions including ordering, receiving, inventory, cash handling, staff training, corporate catering sales, customer service.
• Consistently helped improve sales since assigned to the Deerfield location through customer relations
• Reduced food cost from 34.2% to below 30..1% to beat aggressive budgets.
1998 – 2001
Mrs. Fields/ Pretzel Time Bakery Café
General Sales Manager
• Opened, managed and operated the combo store for Mrs. Fields Famous Brands in 1998.
• Averaged the highest QSC scores in the entire market.
• 2000 and 2001 Company Regional Awards for increased average ticket sales performance, Rolled out the “Freshens Smoothies” concept which is now a major player in the smoothies market in the Loop, and Generated a loyal “return customer” base from consistent excellent customer service.
1993 – 1998
Long Grove Confectionery Company
Multi-unit Store Manager
• Managed daily operations (inventory and merchandising) for three Chicago locations - Leo Burnett Building, Drake Hotel and 900 N. Michigan Avenue
Opened and set-up merchandise mix and computer POS systems for the 900 North Michigan store.
• Progressively increased retail sales and customer service focus for the company’s downtown stores including a traceable history of increasing sales for unique one-day holidays (for example: Valentine’s Day figures based on previous year’s sales: increased by 95% in 1994, followed by an average annual increase of 78% thereafter).
• Developed and marketed corporate accounts through creative merchandising and custom packages.
Consistently achieved the lowest annualized staff turnover company-wide.
1991 – 1993
Warburton’s Bakery Café
• Successfully launched the new deli-style ordering system for the Chicago region while managing the 123 N. Wacker Drive location;
• Improved quality, service and sanitation standards for the 225 N. Michigan Avenue location;
• Managed and handled the transition to Au Bon Pain at the Washington/Wells location
Rolling Pin Bake Shop Makati, Philippines 1974-1985
Let Them Eat Cake Chicago IL 1986-1990
Boudin San Francisco Sourdough Company 1990-1991
Turano Baking Company 1993 set up retail operations computer system